3D Printing Services
FSJPL has a 3D Printer!
Please direct all printing requests to the Director of Library Services – Email is a email@example.com
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Our 3D Printer uses PLA (Polylactic Acid) Plastic Filament to print 3D object layer by layer. The Printer does this by melting the plastic through an extruder nozzle.
WHO CAN PRINT?
- Any Patrons with an interest, and that have undergone the 3D Printer Orientation.
- Prohibited by local bylaw, provincial or federal law.
- Unsafe, harmful, dangerous or poses an immediate threat to the well being of others.
- Obscene or otherwise inappropriate for the Library environment.
- In violation of another’s intellectual property rights; for example, the printers and scanners may not be used to reproduce materials that is subject to copyright, patent or trademark protection.
- Large-scale projects that will monopolize printer time and material.
- $0.10 CDN Cents per gram used.
- Cost calculated prior to printing, based off the weight of the item, and must be agreed to by the patron making the request.
- If print will take longer than 5 hours, we will ask that the patron makes modifications to the item to shorten the print.