Friends of the Library
If you are interested in learning more about the work the Friends of the Library Society does, or if you would like to know more about becoming a member or volunteering your time, please contact us at:
- Andrea Doherty – President
- Linda Bourcet – Vice President
- Angie von de Wall – Secretary/Treasurer
Book Donation Guidelines
Items donated to the library become the property of FSJPL. The library reserves the right to determine items to be used in books sales, items to be put into circulation, and to dispose of non-retained items in a manner that it deems appropriate.
We do not accept the following items:
- CDs or VHS tapes
- musty, moldy or water damaged books
- damaged books in need of repair
- binders and albums
- board games
The Friends of the Fort St. John Public Library is a group of citizens who are interested in a close relationship between the library and the public it serves. Friends organize into a group to assist the library to promote, improve and expand its services.
A Friends group should organize apart from the library and have its own constitution and by-laws, so as to remain independent of the library board and staff while working in close liaison with both.
Friends provide a community base which is essential to the library’s success. They can provide an important adjunct to the trustees and the staff in interpreting the library’s function and needs to the community.
Activities of the Friends may include…
- Creating public support for expanding programs, including support for funds
- Encouraging donations
- Providing assistance to special projects
- Informing the community of library programs and needs
- Volunteering to work in the library in specific tasks designated by the Director of Library Services