Borrow from Other Libraries
Requesting Books to be Delivered to Your Home Library
FSJPL wants you to be able to enjoy titles that we may not carry. Borrowing from other libraries is easier than you think, here’s how!
Interlibrary Connect – Search Libraries in the Northeast and Beyond
FSJPL makes it easy for you to request books and DVDs from other libraries simply by using our online catalog. When searching for a title, our catalog will automatically search over 50 public libraries located within the province, including nearby Chetwynd, Hudson’s Hope, Fort Nelson, Pouce Coupe, Taylor, and Tumbler Ridge. Simply click the “Place Hold” button next to the item you wish to borrow, regardless of where that item is located, and it will be sent to FSJPL for you to pick up. Please be sure you have an updated email address in your myFSJPL account to ensure you receive notification when your item arrives.
Outlook Online – Search BC Public and Academic Libraries *Now called Illume*
Explore the wide variety of books available to you from across the province. Place your request at any time, or, FSJPL Interlibrary Loan or Circulation Services personnel are happy to help you place your hold.
Home Delivery Services
- The FSJPLA strives to offer patrons who are unable to travel to the library delivery to their home;
- Delivery services are available within the Fort St John Municipal Boundary and Areas B and C of the Peace River Regional District;
- Deliveries from March through to October will occur within a 20km radius of the library;
- Deliveries from November through February will occur within a 10km radius of the library;
- Those within the FSJPLA service area, but outside of the delivery distance will receive Library by Mail at no charge;
- Duration of borrowing periods and fines for materials are as outlined in this policy;
- FSJPLA staff will delivery library materials during normal business hours;
- Deliveries will not take place during extreme weather conditions.